Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Long Time

by Vicki Richard

Well it’s been a long time since I posted here. I’ve been busy with work and family life, and barely had time to even take out my camera for the longest time.

Recently, I have been trying to take out my camera at least once a week, even if it’s only for a few shots.

IMG_5101

A small mushroom growing in my backyard

I’ve been experimenting with different kinds of photography, but as before, I’ve been concentrating on landscape, nature, and my daughter.

During the past few months, I have noticed how beautiful the scenery can be at different times of day. During the early summer, the sun would rise while I was on my way to work, making every morning a beautiful one. Unfortunately, with the days getting shorter, I no longer get to watch that spectacular view.

IMG_4901

Experimenting with exposure to fully capture the beauty of the sun’s rays through the clouds.

I’m planning on going for another look this weekend, but last weekend, we were able to watch (although at a distance) the harvesting of cranberries at the local Ocean Spray fields.

IMG_5204IMG_5209

On our way back, I was able to capture the lake on a calm day, finally creating that mirror effect I’ve been longing to find for ages.

IMG_5214

It’s not the perfect shot, but still beautiful

Right before driving away, I looked down, and saw this beautiful sight:

IMG_5213

All in all, it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment