Translate

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Busy Week

by Vicki Richard

It’s been a very busy and tiring week. Starting to work full time after being off for 7 months is hard, for more reasons than one. I miss spending my days with my daughter, and I miss having the opportunity to run around with my camera, especially since the sun rises as I’m on my way to work, and I’ve seen some amazing “Kodak Moments”.

We ended up getting hit by a post tropical storm over the weekend, so Saturday wasn’t a very good day to take pictures. It rained a bit today, but we’ve had a few clear breaks, so I was able to get out and get a few pictures.

IMG_3828-2

A quick shot of a lake on the way home

Most pictures, I ended up taking as we were driving, so even when it was raining, I was still able to get some clear shots. And the dark clouds made a nice looking sky as well.

IMG_3780

A shot from the top of a hill

I noticed dark and rainy days can produce some amazing pictures. I barely need to work on post editing, and the colors still pop. Light greens are especially bright in this kind of light.

IMG_3837

Just had to fix the exposure a tiny bit to get this picture fully edited

I had fun just taking pictures without really trying, and ended up with a few good shots, including the first picture I posted, and the next picture.

IMG_3830

Through the branches

Of course, I had to straighten out the pictures so they looked normal, handling a heavy camera with one hand can be a bit hard, especially in a moving vehicle.

All in all, today was a great day, and I can’t wait for another day off so I can do it again.

IMG_3804

Happy! Happy! Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment