Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2013

What A Beautiful Day

by Vicki Richard

Today was a good day to take pictures. The sun was bright, it was warm, and we had a bit of a thunderstorm. Unfortunately, I was still unable to get a shot of a lightning bolt, but I managed to get some good shots of dark clouds.

IMG_3755

Storm clouds moving in

It had just started raining when I took this picture. The storm moved in and out so fast, it ended up lasting about 10 minutes. I’m still hoping for another huge thunderstorm like we had Friday so I can try to shoot some lightning bolts.

The sun was out most of the day today, giving me the chance to run around my hard finding some new blooms. My aunt and neighbour has a lilac bush, which I ended up shooting, since I’ve been wanting to find some lilacs for a while now.

IMG_3707-2

Beautiful Lilac flowers

Because it was a warm day, we ended up spending most of the afternoon outside, meaning my daughter became my little model once again.

IMG_3745

I know it’s a cliché shot, but it’s just such a beautiful pose.

I try to stay away from cliché props and poses, but I couldn’t resist having her blow on dandelions. Post processing ended up taking longer because I had to take myself out of her sunglasses’ reflection.

I didn’t get a chance to make it to the tall ships this weekend, but hopefully our region will have several events I’ll be able to shoot over the summer months. We do have an air show coming to Miramichi later this summer, and we’re planning a trip to the zoo, so those are two great locations for my photography.

I’ll leave you with a random spider shot, I ended up liking it (I’m usually afraid of spiders) because of the design on its back. It was definitely different, and I can almost call it cute.

IMG_3729

Almost looks like a cartoon bear face on its back.

No comments:

Post a Comment