Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting support

by Vicki Richard
I got into the habit of bringing my camera nearly everywhere with me, since you never know what will inspire you or, since I live out in the country, what kind of animal you'll see on even a short drive.
Well just yesterday, my boyfriend asked me why I "have" to bring my camera everywhere. Today, I finally got rewarded when we saw two deer on the the side of the road. I took a couple pictures, but we were still a bit too far. Finally had a perfect shot when we got up close, they started running, and just as I press down on the shutter button, my boyfriend steps on the gas and shoots forward, ruining that perfect picture I had in my mind. When I complained, his response was "Well you have a bunch of pictures, so who cares!" (I only had two!)
_MG_2898
The result, which could have been a nice picture, had it not been for the sudden movement.

I was seriously insulted by this. Does he not realize that I didn't get an expensive camera just to leave it at home collecting dust, and does he not realize that I'm trying to work hard on my photography because it's my passion? How will I ever be able to be portrayed as a serious photographer when the person closest to me acts as though it's all just a joke?
At least I have the opportunity to shoot a family, next weekend if all goes well. If I do, it will be my first official photoshoot (instead of simply taking my camera and taking pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment