Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

In a Photographer’s Eyes

by Vicki Richard

Before I became interested in photography, I never fully enjoyed the beauty around me that is nature. Snow was just that, snow. I wouldn’t notice the buds on trees when Spring came around. Now that I’m a photographer, that’s the first thing that I notice.

This past winter, while everyone else was complaining about the snow, or the cold, I noticed the beauty of it all for the first time.

_MG_1877

Snow on tree branches

Then Spring came around, and I started noticing the greenery becoming green, the birds chirping, trees budding, and all the other wonders of Springtime. I started taking pictures, day after day, of the same tree, the same landscape. The beauty of the daily changes were mesmerizing.

_MG_2606

Robin on a blooming tree

_MG_2757

Tree blooms

_MG_2771

Leaves coming out

I would have never noticed such beauty had I not been a photographer. It’s almost unbelievable how much beauty there is around us that we never notice, either because we are too busy, or simply don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment