Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Beautiful Day

by Vicki Richard

Today was a better day, I was able to go out and get some pictures, although I had to fight with black flies. I also realized that the reason I’ve been feeling sick the past few days are seasonal allergies. Now that I’m taking medicine, I’m feeling a lot better, even if I’m still not 100%.

Aside from the black flies, today was a great day for pictures. I was able to see a falcon from quite close, nearly above my house, considering they usually hang around farther down the field across the street.

IMG_3315

A falcon circling above the road

I also ran across some caterpillars working on their webbing. I normally don’t get to see them at work, so that was another first for me.

IMG_3326

Caterpillars working on their webbing

I nearly got a shot of a hummingbird as well, but it flew away right as I lifted my camera to take a picture. Getting a picture of one of those beautiful birds is definitely on my to do list.

Since I ran out of ideas for pictures to take, I decided to take my macro lens out and do some more testing.

IMG_3327

Dandelion I shot with my macro lens

Hard to believe dandelions are weeds, they are such pretty flowers. I would love to find a field full of yellow dandelions, that would make a nice looking picture.

I still have to take the time to go to those few locations I have in mind before I start working. I also need to get out of my backyard and find inspiration elsewhere.

IMG_3338

Dandelion ready to spread its seeds

My next purchase, or I should say purchases, will be macro extension tubes to work on my macro photography, and a ND filter so I can do waterfall shots over the summer. I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment