Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Looking for perfection?

by Vicki Richard

I just noticed tonight how much I care about getting that perfect shot. A bear came out in the field across from my house tonight, and while trying to capture a great shot, I ended up shooting from several areas both inside and outside the house, and ended up taking nearly 100 shots. In the end, I ended up editing 4 photos from the entire roll.

_MG_2840

I definitely had a great time running from spot to spot, trying to find that perfect shooting location, especially since my zoom lens isn’t that strong, and getting too near a bear is not the best idea, especially during springtime.

Since upgrading to a better zoom lens is out of my budget, I need to start working on closer subjects. Although I enjoy nature and wildlife, I’ve been thinking about trying portrait photography once again. Having a 2 year old daughter who, on a good day, loves modeling for me, this should make it easy.

I’ve also been trying about doing a bit of a photo challenge with self-portraits, and working on both shots and post-processing, since I don’t have much experience in that area at this point. Considering I never like any pictures of myself, this would make a perfect project for me.

I’m open to any suggestions, I’m always looking for inspiration, especially with self-portraits.

I know my photography will never be perfect, no one or nothing is, but I definitely want to work on being the best I can be. Then again, aren’t we all our worst critic?

No comments:

Post a Comment