Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

New Experiments

by Vicki Richard

Since it was raining today, and I don’t own a waterproof camera cover yet, I decided to try out my macro lens.

After a few different pictures, I decided to try a few shots using my grandmother’s ring instead a rose (a fake flower). After editing a few pictures, I started applied presets in Adobe Lightroom. I was very satisfied by the end result.

IMG_3017-2

A beautiful shot of a vintage ring

I had lots of fun, although I had to keep grabbing the ring back from my daughter, she kept stealing it from the table every time I went to take a picture.

_MG_3021-2

Used a Lightroom preset to achieve this.

I also had fun experimenting with black and white post process. There are several different black and white preset settings in Lightroom, trying to find the perfect one is trial and error.

_MG_2959-2

Dried out flowers with new buds. If you look closely, you can see a few raindrops

This particular preset brings out the flowers and branches, and even, to some extent, the rain drops in this shot.

_MG_2959

The same picture as above, with regular edits.

While some people might say that if you’re a great photographer, you don’t need to post process your photos, post processing brings out the beauty of any shot, and also, shooting in RAW mode requires post processing, since the image that’s recorded is bland, and lacks even natural color.

_MG_2959-3

No editing done in this photo

As you can see in the photo above, nothing about it stands out. You can barely see the raindrops, and the flowers and buds seem to simply melt in the background.

There’s truly nothing wrong with experimenting with different post processing techniques. I personally don’t use Photoshop, so I don’t create unnatural pictures with my edits, I’m simply bringing out the colors and details of the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment