Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Scouting Locations

by Vicki Richard

As soon as I decide I’m going to put more time into this blog, I get sick. On top of it, we’d had some heavy rain over the past few days, so between the two, my photography has taken a backseat.

As soon as I feel better and the sun decides to show again, I have scouted a few locations which I’ve been interested in shooting for a while now, the first one being only a few kilometres from my home, one of Ocean Spray’s cranberry fields.

_MG_2892

A drive by shot of Ocean’s Spray’s cranberry fields.

The picture above I took while driving by the fields a couple of weeks ago. Although the shot is nice, you have to know what you’re looking at to figure it out.

Since I now have a wide angle lens, I’ve been thinking about getting another picture which would include the company’s sign, that way it would be easier to tell exactly what it is.

Another location I have in mind is a riverside cliff that I truly noticed for the first time early this Spring. Since there were no leaves in the trees then, I skipped on taking pictures then and decided to wait closer to summertime to go back. Now that the leaves are nearly completely out, anytime would be a good time to go.

Aside from those two locations, I’m struggling to find more areas to photograph. I’d like to find something different, but living in a rural area, the only things I see are trees and fields, with the occasional wild animal.

Hopefully I’ll have new content to show by the end of the week. And I haven’t forgotten about my personal photography challenge either, I just haven’t had time to really think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment